Tony Robbins, the household name in the personal development industry. He is the founder of several companies that earn approximately $6 billion in annual sales. And for more than 4 decades, he has conducted seminars and workshops around the world and has touched more than 50 million people through his transformational events.
I bet you have heard about Tony Robbins, if you don’t, it shows that you’re just a beginner in the personal development industry. But even a beginner should have heard about him.
I have to admit it, we all love Tony Robbins. I have had the privilege to attend one of his seminars in Singapore a couple of years back. And I can tell you that it was totally inspirational!
If you haven’t been to any of his events, I strongly recommend you do so. Find out one of the most related seminars or workshops conducted by him and go and see how life-changing it can be.
And if you want to learn more or read about Tony Robbins, I will still choose the best-seller, Awaken The Giant Within. This may be an old book, but the principles shared by Tony in the book are still applicable in today’s world.
In fact, Awaken The Giant Within plays an important role in changing the way I looked at my life. It has inspired me to start my own journey, to pursue my passion, and to start my own business.
So you should read the book.
Now, let’s talk about the quotes from Tony Robbins. In my opinion, quotes are powerful because they can relate to your current situation, be it good or bad, so that you will be inspired and feel energized again.
And when we talk about motivational sayings, there is no way we can go out without mentioning some of the most inspirational quotes from Tony Robbins. So here are some of them…
1. “If you do what you’ve always done, you’ll get what you’ve always gotten.”
Tony is absolutely right. So you want a change? Do you want different results? Do you want a better life? Then, my friend, do something different. If you continue to do the same thing each day, you will get back the same old results, every day. Nothing will change until you change something you do.
2. “Setting goals is the first step in turning the invisible into the visible.”
Most people fail because they don’t set goals. Your goals are the “lighthouses” that show you the direction when you’re lost. Goals are important because they help you in making conscious decisions to slowly get to the life that you want.
3. “People are not lazy, they simply have impotent goals. That is goals that do not inspire them.”
Remember, your goals should be empowering. If your goals don’t inspire you, it is not because those goals don’t work, but your goals are not exciting enough. So set empowering goals that will motivate you to jump out of bed each morning and take action.
4. “Goals are like magnets. They’ll attract the things that make them come true.”
Do you know that your goals are like magnets? They attract what you want into your life. They uncover the opportunities and bring you to the right person who can help and support you. So set goals, create plans and then take massive action to achieve the success you want.
5. “Success in life is the result of good judgment. Good judgment is usually the result of experience. Experience is usually the result of bad judgment.”
A lot of people are afraid of failure. But in fact, failures are there to help you. Your mistakes and failures make you wiser, they build your characters and they make you stronger. Like what Tony said, failure or bad judgment creates your experience. And the more experience you have, the more successful you can be.
6. “It is in your moments of decision that your destiny is shaped.”
Remember, success and change start with decisions. If you want to a change, make a decision right now that you will not settle for anything less. If you want success, the decision that you will go for it with 100% commitment. That’s how your destiny is shaped.
7. “A real decision is measured by the fact that you’ve taken a new action. If there’s no action, you haven’t truly decided.”
And don’t make the mistake by thinking that decision is made in your mind. No, the decision is made when you have taken new actions. Thinking about changing your life will never bring you any change. You need to associate your decisions with actions. That’s how you truly decide.
8. “Identify your problems, but give your power and energy to solutions.”
While it is true that problems are everywhere. You must not run from your problems. Instead, choose to identify your problems. However, do not focus or dwell on your problems. Choose to focus and give all your power and energy to the solutions. Once you knew the problem, work on the solutions, and don’t stick to the problems anymore.
9. “The quality of your life is the quality of your relationships.”
So you want to build a quality life? Then, focus on building quality relationships. Regardless of whether it is your relationship with your lover, your family, your children, your friends, your boss, or your colleagues, the quality of your relationships will affect the quality of your life. So manage it well.
10. “The path to success is to take massive, determined action.”
No success can happen without taking massive and consistent action. Remember, successful people are associated with actions. They make mistakes and they fail, but they don’t give up. If you want success, make it your habit to take massive and consistent action.
11. “The secret of success is learning how to use pain and pleasure instead of having pain and pleasure use you. If you do that, you’re in control of your life. If you don’t, life controls you.”
One of the most powerful skills you can learn is to use the twin forces in life – pain and pleasure. Use your pain to inspire you to avoid the life you don’t want and turn your pain into energy that drives you forward. Plus, be motivated by your pleasure. Let your pleasure and passion pull you toward your goals.
12. “The past does not equal the future.”
Where you come from does not matter. The most important question is where do you want to go? You can fail a year ago, a month ago, or even a minute ago, but that doesn’t mean that you are going to fail again in the next moment. The key is to keep trying and keep improving until you get the results that you want. Remember, you will have to fight a battle more than once to win it.
13. “It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.”
Like what Aristotle said, “We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.” Success is what you do on a daily basis, not what you do once in a while. Hence change your daily agenda if you want to change your life. You can never lose 10 pounds and slim down overnight, but if you exercise every day, it becomes a possible goal after weeks or months.
14. “One reason so few of us achieve what we truly want is that we never direct our focus; we never concentrate our power. Most people dabble their way through life, never deciding to master anything in particular.”
Stop running in all direction. It is time for you to stop and think about where and what you should master. If you want to become the best in your industry, you must become the specialist by focusing all your energy and effort into just one area. Bruce Lee once said that he did not afraid a man who practiced 10,000 kicks, but he is afraid of the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times.
15. “You see, in life, lots of people know what to do, but few people actually do what they know. Knowing is not enough! You must take action.”
Knowing is just a form of potential power. The real power is in taking action. Everyone has a dream, but not everyone is going to work on their dreams. You know what you want to achieve in life, right? But are you taking the initiative? Don’t just sit and dream about what you want in life, take action and actually make things happen.
16. “Deciding to commit yourself to long-term results rather than short-term fixes is as important as any decision you’ll make in your lifetime.”
This is one of the most important quotes from Tony Robbins. You must commit to long-term results and not the short-term quick fixes. Envision the future that you want to have and then commit and adjust your life to it. Don’t get distracted by short-term pleasures and temptations. Focus on the long-term.
17. “Most people fail in life because they major in minor things.”
Do you major in minor things or do you focus on your priorities? A lot of people worry about their dinner than about their life. They spend hours planning their weekend vacation but they don’t even spend a minute to seriously think and plan for their future. I’m not saying that you should not spend time planning your vacation, but you have to understand that your life and your future require more of your attention.
18. “Your income right now is a result of your standards, it is not the industry, it is not the economy.”
If you want more income and make more money, then raise your standards. How much you earn has nothing to do with the economy or the industry. Even during tough times or when the economy is falling, there will be people making more. Hence, it is your standards that determine how much you earn. Not the external factors.
Read this article from Tony Robbins: How to Raise Your Standards
19. “Successful people ask better questions, and as a result, they get better answers. Quality questions create a quality life. Successful people ask better questions, and as a result, they get better answers.”
Your life and how you make decisions depend largely on how you ask yourself questions. Ask the right questions and they will direct you to the right answer that will grow you and get you the results that you want. Try to ask yourself this next quote below…
20. “Why live an ordinary life, when you can live an extraordinary one?”
Why do you want to settle for less when you can have more? If you can earn $10,000 a month, will you choose to earn less? The key is in realizing your potential. You are more powerful and you can be more successful than you believe. So make your life worthwhile and unleash the giant within you. It is either you go big, or you go home.
21. “The only thing that’s keeping you from getting what you want is the story you keep telling yourself.”
Do you want to achieve stellar success and live life to your greatest potential? Then, stop telling yourself stories. Stop making excuses that will hold you back. The reason most people are not living their lives is that they are living in their fears. They have been playing it small because they keep making excuses and living in the stories of why they can’t.
22. “In life, you need either inspiration or desperation.”
There are two forces that drive you in life – inspiration or desperation. Sometimes you will be driven by inspiration because you want something better. And sometimes, you will be motivated by the desperation that you have no choice but to do it. Use your desperation to push you and your inspiration to pull you.
23. “People who succeed have momentum. The more they succeed, the more they want to succeed, and the more they find a way to succeed. Similarly, when someone is failing, the tendency is to get on a downward spiral that can even become a self-fulfilling prophecy.”
Do you know that success is a cycle? When you succeed, you gain more confidence and you build up the momentum. As a result, you become more inspired to succeed. On the other hand, when you fail, you doubt yourself and you put in less potential. You take less action and you fail even more. So start small and build up your momentum in the success cycle.
24. “The only people without problems are those in cemeteries.”
Problems are common in life and in everything that you do. However, understand that problems are there to grow you and they are not there to stop you. Thus, use your problems to grow your habits and characters. Like what Les Brown said, treat your bad days as your character-building days.
25. “No matter how many mistakes you make or how slow you progress, you are still way ahead of everyone who isn’t trying.”
The key that separates successful people and unsuccessful people is action. Extraordinary people achieve great success because they take massive and consistent action. So, it doesn’t matter how slow you go or how many mistakes you make, as long as you continue to keep moving in the right direction, you will eventually get there. And you’re much better off than people who don’t even try, and that’s a majority of people.
The quotes from Tony Robbins above are no doubt inspirational and life-changing. So which one you think inspired you the most? Or do you have any better ones that I have left out?
Let me know in the comment section. By the way, if you are driven by the sayings above, make sure you share the quotes with your friends too.